Alaska Bycatch Review Task Force
What does the ABRT do?
- Study what impacts bycatch has on fisheries.
- Evaluate and recommend policies informed by a better understanding of the issue of bycatch of high-value Alaska fishery resources.
- Ensure state agencies are leveraging available resources to better understand the issue of bycatch.
- Utilize the best available science to inform policy makers and the public about these issues.
- The recommendations developed by the ABRT will be provided to the Governor through a final report. ABRT meetings are open to the public and opportunity for public comment will be provided at ABRT and ABRT subcommittee meetings.
How can I get involved?
For questions, comments, or to have your name added to the contact list for ABRT notices, please send an email to BycatchReview@alaska.gov.
How can I provide comments?
The next meeting will be Oct 12th at the Egan Center starting at 9am. They will be taking public testimony on Bycatch.
Join Zoom Meeting:
- Meeting Link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82401956330?pwd=b3RuMGlxbzRSeUZENjVoTndPdjZ4QT09
- Meeting ID: 824 0195 6330
- Passcode: 101222
- One tap mobile:
- +17193594580,,82401956330#,,,,*101222# US
- +16699006833,,82401956330#,,,,*101222# US (San Jose)